Dipak Vohra " I love Armenia"

It's certainly true that Armenians are excellent entrepreneurs. At the same time they are warm, sincere, friendly and kind. Their hospitality is legendary; especially if the guest is from India (We have felt it).

Last year, at the beginning of December I was invited to the dinner, be my new Armenian friend. The table was filled with meat, vegetables, cheese and wines. According to the native traditions, we settled around a table. We were four, including my friend's parents. There was so much food, that it was possible to feed the half of Yerevan. I tasted pleasantly, everything was very tasty, and we spent a wonderful time. Armenians cheers, predicted for everyone and everything are really wonderful and mysterious.
And then came up the leaving time. The first snow was falling.
- Where is your topcoat, asked the good-wife?
I still don't have, mummy, I answered. But if you suggest me a good place to shop, Ill buy.
The lady made a waiting sign. A few minutes later she returned with an Italian new overcoat in her hands.
-“Take it” said and threw it on my shoulders.
-But my car is just a few meters far, I insisted.
-“Take it”, she said in a tone that could not be objected to.
-OK “mama jan”. My driver will bring it back tomorrow.
-You call me “mama jan”. Do Indian mothers take back gifts from their children?
I'm wearing that coat now, and never will return it. It is a gift from my mother in Armenia.

Odzun Monastery, 5-7 century


Dipak Vohra
Ambassador of India in Armenia, 2003

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

ԲԼՈԳԻ ԱՋԱԿԻՑ

Կարդացեք նաև